Local Clubs (Chapters)
CAGIS club members, aged 7-16, go on monthly adventures to explore STEM with fun, hands-on activities led by experts in a variety of STEM fields.
These monthly events often occur at the workplaces of our STEM experts, giving girls, nonbinary and gender nonconforming youth a behind-the-scenes view and allowing them to experience the lab and field environment for themselves.
Each month, club members receive an email at least 2 weeks in advance, providing the topic, date, time, and location of the next event. Parents then RSVP to the events they plan to attend. Most club events are 1.5 to 2 hours long and occur on weekends. Some clubs have occasional weeknight events if a particular location is not open on weekends.
Visit our list of clubs to find a location near you.
Past events have included:
• Robotics and coding
• Performing orthopaedic surgery on rubber knees
• Building and testing bridges in a wind tunnel
• Sampling plant communities in forests and fields
• The physics of figure skating
• CSI and forensic science
• Electricity and building a flashlight
• Mobile app development
• Computer science and website development
• Dentistry and searching for cavities
• The physics of art restoration
• Mechanics and fixing cars
• The chemistry of cooking
• Aviation and building model planes
In-Person programming is returning for the 2022-2023 season with COVID safety precautions in place. Read our COVID protocols here.
Sign up for our newsletter or follow us on social media to get the latest updates about our in-person relaunch.
Our in-person relaunch is generously supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation’s Resilient Communities Fund.